The opportunity to be on a boat ready to catch fish, enjoying the beautiful scenery and the camaraderie with the crew of the boat is the best experience in fishing you can find. Here are some helpful tips to enjoy fishing.
1. Choose a boat wisely. A boat that meets your needs and your goal on what to do with the fish you catch are the things to consider when choosing a boat for Hawaii Fishing Trips.
2. Choose the appropriate Island in Hawaii that meets your desired duration of the fishing trip. For shorter trips, choose an Island in Hawaii that has deep water right near shore. These islands are ideal for shorter trips in fishing where catching fish won’t take long.
3. Consider bringing tackle, bait, ice, and freshwater. Confirm with the boat company if they will provide these items. A tackle is a set of pulleys and ropes assembled to facilitate the mechanisms for hoisting and pulling. Bait is for luring the fish. Ice is for keeping the catch fish fresh during the trip. Freshwater is for thirst quencher during the fishing trip.
4. Wear comfortable clothes that are suited for a hot summer day. T-shirts and shorts are the best pair of clothes to wear in fishing. An extra T-shirt will also be useful.
5. Consider bringing a baseball style cap for shading. This is effective in shielding the hot rays of the sun during the fishing trip.
6. Bring polarized sunglasses to see the fish in the water.
7. Closed toe boating shoes are highly recommended to use. They are made for keeping the feet from slipping when action gets good.
8. Bring food and drinks if the boat company won’t provide these items. Cans are better than glass for drinks. Chips like Cheetos and Doritos for snacks seem to go well at sea.
9. Don’t forget to bring medicine for seasickness. To minimize feeling seasick, take an 8-hour sleep before the fishing trip. Being fully awake and active before the boat leaves the dock will help prevent you from feeling seasick all throughout the fishing trip.
10. Eat a full meal at dinner and a light breakfast before the trip.
11. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen. Sunscreen with SPF of 30 or higher is highly recommended protecting the skin from the harmful UV Rays of the sun.
12. Decide before the trip on how to get at the harbor for the fishing trip in the morning. Either choose to take a cab or rent a car.
Using these tips will go a long way towards having an enjoyable day of fishing.