There is a good old story. The fox jumped after the bunch of grapes several times and finally when it could not get it, it said that the grapes are sour!
I have a question for acne-researchers. You say that acne is not a disease at all! If it is not a disease, then, what are you treating for? Why this galaxy of medicines and lotions are mounting the windows of drug stores? And what about those scar-problems, that one has to face? Now, don’t say there is no scar at all! Just because, your search and research are unable to get at it, do not deny its existence! Can you say that Malaria fever comes and goes after 7 days? Don’t you treat it as Malaria when you get the attack?
Acne, which is also known as pimples or zits, is reported to be a perfectly normal part of growing up. If it is part and parcel of the life of youth, why everybody does not get it? It is in the fitness of things to study the available facts about acne, and get and follow the precautions to prevent acne. Don’t you agree that prevention is better than cure?
Certain precautions need to become part of your life before this myth becomes a reality! The required precautions are:
1. Avoid tight clothes, especially during summertime. They are known to cause body acne by trapping sweat.
2. Use a sun-blocker by wearing a hat.
3. Dab the face dry carefully.
4. Use makeup that does not clog pores.
5. Thoroughly understand the nature and practical use of the soaps, lotions, gels, creams that you are using. Don’t get carried away by high-flown advertisements. The models get well-paid for their job, but let it be not at your cost.
6. Try to cure your acne condition naturally. Think well, what works for you and what does not.
7. It is not our nostrils alone, the skin also breathes, with millions of pores in it all over the body. Now, do you say body hygiene in relation to acne is a myth? Researchers in the not too distant future may come out with facts, that this myth is also a myth! Be in the know-how; the affirmation and refutation in the scientific circles, all with proofs relevant to that period time, was going on, is going on, and will go on!
8. You must protect your skin from forming new bacteria that cause the breakouts. Use benzoyl peroxide to penetrate pores.
9. Don’t pick your skin because it can cause bacteria to go deeper into the skin.
10. Eat plenty of fruits and seasonal vegetables.
11. Exercise regularly.
The facial topography of every person is different, so of the skin. Give it the proper regimen so that it can live a smooth life without bothering you, the person. Never hesitate to meet your dermatologist, if you have the slightest doubt that it is changing its true color!